Pages

Friday, July 6, 2012

Day 18

Hi friends! (all three of you...) Haven't updated this since Tuesday for a couple reasons. Tuesday night I went back to camp and spent the night. I didn't have to work on Wednesday (oh...Happy Independence Day!), so I was able to catch up with old friends and make some new ones. I went home during the morning and slept (cuz I could) and got ready for the day, then went back to camp until after midnight. It's such a special place, and I didn't realize how much I missed it until just recently. Love it there.

Yesterday, July 5, was my 22nd birthday. :) I didn't do anything too special. I had to work, and then I just spent the evening with my parents. But it was such a great birthday. My mom got me a Pandora bracelet, and my dad got me a pink ukulele! Even though the celebration was pretty low key, it was definitely my second favorite birthday of all time. (First favorite was my 20th birthday in Colorado. My friends that I worked with at another camp tried so hard to make it super special for me, and I just remember laughing all day.) Pizza for dinner- yum!!!! My mom also made me rainbow cupcakes!!


It was such a great day! I got a call from my oldest brother and I got to talk to my little nieces! And tomorrow night I'm having a bunch of friends over for a bbq. Then after that, my friend, Steven, says he has a surprise for me! Pretty excitied!!

Oh right. This blog is about running and being healthy and stuff. Hmm. About that.....this week has not been so great on the exercise front. I ran Monday, and that's it. While I was at camp I walked ALL over and up and down hills and was sweating like crazy, but no running. I know! So bad! But not only was it a holiday week, it was also my birthday. So, I'm not beating myself up over it. I've eaten a lot more than I normally do...and not healthy stuff. But again, not beating myself up. It happens. Life happens. But I won't let that define how this adventure is going to turn out. My mom also got me biking pants, workout shorts, and another workout shirt. So I really have no excuses to get back into it. I don't know if I'll run tonight, but I will at least ride my bike. Either way tomorrow I will definitely run.

1 comment:

  1. PANDORA!!!! I love that you got a bracelet! We sell Chamilia (which is the same thing, different brand name), so you'll have to tell me what kind of beads you like/want! Then I can mail you one for your birthday!!! :)

    ReplyDelete